Although people of any gender can experience depression, research has shown that men may experience it differently from women. While the primary symptom of depression for many is a feeling of sadness, men may have a higher tendency than women to feel anger, demonstrate aggressive feelings, and engage in substance abuse.
Due to the differences in experiences of depression, and because men are typically less likely to talk about and seek treatment for depression than women, many men may have undiagnosed depression.
This webinar explores the emotional, behavioural, and physical signs of depression in men and look at what you can do to help yourself or others who may be struggling.
Resources provided during this webinar
Webinar recordingIf you didn't register prior to the event, the webinar recording can be viewed after the event via this link. If you registered for the webinar, you will automatically receive a link to view the recording within 48 hours of the webinar.
- Understanding And Managing Depression, A Workbook And Guide, pdf booklet
- When Habits Become Out Of Control - A Guide To Managing Unhelpful Habits, pdf booklet
- Your Guide To Mindfulness, pdf booklet
- How to help a friend
- Practice having a conversation
- Information Booklet – Mens health
- Mens experience with depression
- Supporting someone with suicidal thoughts